I am a 5th year PhD student, working with Prof. Anshumali Shrivastava at RUSH Lab of Rice University, Electrical and Computer Engineering department. I am working on information retrieval, large scale Machine Learning, and randomized algorithms. Hashing and sketching based methods are my favorites.
During 2014 to July 2018, I was a part of Tata Consultancy Services Innovation Labs, Delhi, India, where I worked with Dr. Gautam Shroff and Dr. Lovekesh Vig. I worked in the area of computer vision, deep learning and augmented reality. You can find my CV and Publications.
I have Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Electrical Engineering (2010-2014) from Indian Institute of Technology,Hyderabad, India. In final year, I worked with Dr. Sumohana Channappayya on Multiple Target Tracking.
Take a look at my recent and old Projects.
- Aug 18 2023: Defended my Thesis!
- Aug 18 2022: Presented BLISS: A Billion scale Index using Iterative Re-partitioning at SIGKDD,2022.
- June 2022-Aug 2022: Joining Adobe Research as a Research Intern.
- June 2021: “RAMBO speeds searches on huge DNA databases” - got featured in Rice News and Science Daily
- May 2021-Aug 2021: Research Intern at Adobe Research
- Preprint available for IRLI: Iterative Re-partitioning for Learning to Index; Gaurav Gupta, Tharun Medini, Anshumali Shrivastava, Alexander J Smola
- Fast Processing and Querying of 170TB of Genomics Data via a Repeated And Merged BloOm Filter (RAMBO), accepted in the International Conference on Management of Data- SIGMOD 2021. preprint
- May 2020-Aug 2020: Applied Scientist Intern at Amazon Web Services Deep Learning team
- May 2019-Aug 2019: Applied Scientist Intern at Amazon Search(A9)
- December 2018: Joined RUSH lab